From April 2015 all early years providers who deliver Government funded early years education will be able to claim the Early Years Pupil Premium for three and four year old children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
Registering could result in extra funding for your child’s early years provider.
The Early Years Pupil Premium provides an extra 53 pence per hour for three and four year old children whose parents are in receipt of certain benefits or who have been in care or adopted from care. This means an extra £302 a year for each child taking up the full 570 hours funded entitlement to early education. This additional money could make a significant difference to us.
We will provide you with a form to fill in to determine whether you are eligible for the Early Years Pupil Premium, and would be grateful if all parents could complete it.