Your children will be working within the Foundation Stage, which is underpinned by four guiding principles. These are:
- Every child is a Unique and on their own learning journey.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through Positive Relationships.
- Children learn and develop well in Enabling Environments.
- Children are constantly Learning and Developing in different ways and at different.
The Foundation Stage consists of 7 curriculum areas.
The prime areas
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and language
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive arts and design
The children will be working to achieve the early learning goals by the end of their Reception year.
Your children will be supported through the ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’. These are:
Playing and exploring – engagement
- Finding out and exploring
- Playing with what they know
- Being willing to have a go
Active Learning – motivation
- Being involved and concentrating
- Keeping trying
- Enjoying achieving what they set out to do
Creating and thinking critically – thinking
- Having their own ideas
- Making links
- Choosing ways to do things